THE DREAM, VISION AND MISSION
Having worked with High Achievers for many, many years now, one thing I know for sure is that they all have big dreams for their life both personal and professional. In fact, they are usually part and parcel of the same overall goal because High Achievers are the fortunate few who are totally in tune with their mission in life and usually do work that doesn’t feel like work because it is their calling and passion, often even a hobby and interest that they have turned into a business. They love getting up each day and working towards fulfilling their vision, and there really is no line between work and play. If you are a High Achiever then you will know exactly what I am talking about.
STEPPING OUTSIDE YOUR COMFORT ZONE
But what happens when you have reached the point when you know you need to take another step out of your comfort zone to take your business to a whole new level? Making your dreams a reality is a lot of hard work and can be extremely stressful if you don’t manage your mindset effectively. So taking the necessary precautions to look after your mind, body and business are really important if you are to be the best you can be and succeed.
FACING THE FEAR
Of course, it is natural to feel fear, worry and stress when you are constantly breaking new ground and stepping outside of your comfort zone. As an ambitious, driven, Business Owner this is something you are doing more often than most which is why you need to ensure your subconscious programming is in tip top, pristine condition and more importantly on-board with the goals you want to achieve. Identifying and overcoming any limiting beliefs that are holding you back are all part of this process, and when addressed will propel you even faster towards the success you seek.
DEALING WITH SKEPTICISM
Most of us know that as High Achievers we will encounter the skepticism and criticism of strangers because we are usually going against the grain, breaking new ground and creating products and services that are not currently in the public domain or well understood. Yet that doesn’t mean that the demand isn’t there, we just haven’t made our market aware yet that they need whatever we are providing or it hasn’t yet been widely accepted as the new norm and the best thing since sliced bread so all the rage on the news, in the press, on Facebook, Twitter or some other social media platform.
DEVELOPING SELF CONFIDENCE AND BELIEF
But what happens when your harshest critics are your family, friends and spouses? If you don’t have the support of the people who are likely to have known you for many years and be closest to you then it can be hard to see how you could possibly influence the rest of the world? Pursuing your big dream and fulfilling your mission in life is tough and can be extremely difficult when you lack support, even more so when you are guilty of being your own worst critic which High Achievers usually are because that very trait when turned to a positive is what makes them successful. So developing self-confidence is essential if you are to maximise your performance, wellbeing and success. You know that the path to success is going to be full of challenges that when faced and overcome will make you stronger as a person which is why you must face them head-on, and the easiest way to do this is by believing in yourself 110% and developing self-confidence on a daily basis.
HYPNOTHERAPY INCREASES SELF CONFIDENCE
Practising Self-Hypnosis regularly (daily is best) is an excellent way to increase your self-confidence once you have worked with a Clinical Hypnotherapist/Expert of the Mind to get to the underlying roots of what is really holding you back. Once you have reduced the stress, worry and fear that comes with stepping outside of your comfort zone yet again you will achieve your goals with confidence and ease. Don’t expect to be perfect! Remember like anyone you are ‘a work-in-progress’ and because you are a High Achiever you will constantly be stepping outside of your comfort zone to achieve your goals. This requires drive, determination and persistence as well as an ongoing commitment to personal and professional development, first and foremost on your mind.
WHY HIGH ACHIEVERS NEED A PLAN OF ACTION
When nobody else believes in you, you need to dig deep and find the strength to continue on regardless. Below are three important things you can do to make this process easier along with some other great tips for action you can take:
1. CREATE A BULLET-PROOF ARMOUR OF POSITIVITY.
Protecting yourself from the doubts, fears, skepticism and criticism of other people will ensure you maintain your self-confidence and belief rather than feed your own doubts and fears which will leave you forever on shaky ground. The best way to do this is to create a bullet-proof armour of positivity around yourself. This is something that you can do using your imagination and working with a Clinical Hypnotherapist/Expert of the Mind like myself makes this process even easier. It is also important to reprogramme your inner voice as previously mentioned by identifying and overcoming limiting beliefs that are holding you back from being the very best version of yourself you can possibly be. Again, this is best done by working with a Clinical Hypnotherapist/Expert of the Mind.
Creating positive habits that you can start to fit into your daily life right away are also good to do such as:
- Positive affirmations.
- Reading empowering articles, quotes and books.
- Watching and listening to positive, uplifting and inspiring programmes, videos, webinars, online summits, audio books, interviews, podcasts etc.
- Surrounding yourself with like-minded people who will be supportive of your vision and mission by attending courses, conferences, meetings, networking events both on and offline.
- Finding a Mentor who has the relevant knowledge and experience can also help to provide both the realistic perspective, motivation and confidence to help propel you forward.
Remember that these days with modern technology, your inner circle doesn’t have to be limited to just people you know in person. You can use social media, online forums and other web based mediums to create a whole world of virtual support for yourself.
Finally, accept the fact that you might not be able to change the people who are your harshest critics and why waste your energy anyway! But you can make the conscious decision to interact with more positive, supportive people who will help you to develop and grow as you fulfil your vision and mission.
2. CELEBRATE THE FAILURES.
Realise that mistakes and events that you consider to be failures are simply challenges that make you stronger and wiser in the long run. They are all a part of your journey and when you look back later on and connect the dots, with hindsight you will see that they were all important events that contributed to your success. So the best way to deal with them is to celebrate them because you learn far more from the mistakes and failures than you do the successes. Study failure in addition to success and recognise that even the most iconic influencers in the world made mistakes, had setbacks and failures. But more importantly they possessed the traits that allowed them to continue on with renewed vigour and tenacity even when they fell short of perfection. Study the legends who experienced failure and are now considered to be highly regarded history makers to boost your confidence.
- Albert Einstein: Slow to speak and read, his parents thought he was ‘sub-normal’. One of his Teachers even described him as ‘mentally slow, unsociable and adrift forever in foolish dreams’. It took Einstein nine years after graduating from college to obtain a position in academia.
- The Wright Brothers: Crashed their first two aeroplanes before making more than 700 successful flights with their third glider. Not to mention the ridicule and criticism they experienced when people said if humans were meant to fly they’d have been born with wings!
Nobody is perfect, and if you aren’t willing to fail then you aren’t willing to win! Failure is an inevitable part of the process of success.
3. CALM AND MANAGE YOUR INNER CRITIC.
Whilst it is important to have external support, this means nothing if you don’t believe in yourself and have the confidence to take the necessary action to make your dream a reality. However, sometimes it can be hard to identify the words of our Inner Critic because they are disguised in the form of doubt, guilt, shame and worthlessness. To prevent your Inner Critic from holding you back and stopping you achieving your goals you need to master the art of creating a more positive, supportive inner voice that will encourage, guide and support you through the good times and the bad. Just think of it as speaking to yourself as you would a best friend and do the following:
- Remember all the things you have achieved in your life to date. Remind yourself of the challenges you faced, the emotions you felt and how you overcame them to achieve your goals. Tell yourself you can do the same again. You are even smarter, wiser and more experienced now.
- Identify your strengths and celebrate them.
- Encourage yourself with positive affirmations and remind yourself that what you don’t know or haven’t done yet can be learnt or delegated to an Expert because you are resourceful.
- Dismiss negative, faulty core beliefs and recognise that they are just ways you have learnt to think about yourself. More importantly anything we learn we can unlearn provided we are willing to do so, and it only takes 21 days to create a new habit and way of being if we are committed and motivated.
- Divorce the scarcity mentality. Know that there will always be competition in the world whatever you decide to do but if you believe in yourself, have confidence and take action you can carve out your niche and make your own dent in the universe. There are always opportunities!
Master the confidence within you and you will radiate that confidence out to others and inspire them to buy into and support your mission. Hypnotherapy could help you take the first important step on your way to a richer life!
‘THE RICHER LIFE PROGRAMME’
Our ‘Richer Life Programme’ is for High Achievers who want to play and stay at the top of their game. This High Performance Programme uses a combination of Clinical Hypnotherapy, Psychotherapy and Life Coaching to help you achieve serious success. For further information please visit our website: www.clairerich.com and find out how we could help you find the way to a richer life.
Are you a High Achiever? Have you done any work on developing self-confidence? Do you want to maximise your performance, wellbeing and success?
Let us know by commenting in the feedback box below.
Please also share this article with your friends so we can spread the word about this amazingly, powerful therapy which could help you maximise your performance, wellbeing and success.
Copyright © 2017 Claire Rich. All Rights Reserved.